Joshua Kennon, a personal investor, businessman, and rational thinker has been one of our favorite bloggers for a few years, and today we wanted to share with you some of our favorite articles with you. He recently started his own investing business and has shared essays on his life and investing in the community of readers he has. From a young age, Josh started to read the biographies of successful people to get insight on how he could obtain the same success. With a life of financial independence, while writing for about.com for 15 years, somehow he managed to give examples of how to be a better thinker, better person, and better investor throughout your life.
His blog has over 700 articles (some over 5,00 words), so picking our favorites was a tough exercise. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- What Ever Happened to Personal Responsibility
- Give Yourself Permission To Be Disliked
- Talent Without Effort Won’t Get You Anywhere
- Don’t Allow Thieves and Those with a Lack of Integrity In Your Life
- You Will Be Forgotten So Live a Life That Matters
- Mapping Out Your Main Life Goals and Your Lesser Life Goals
- Mail Bag – Does Focusing On Your Own Happiness Make You Selfish?
- Mental Model: Using the Primary Mission of Your Life to Determine the Hierarchy of Priorities Between Task and Relationship
- 30 Day Secret Project Every One of You Should Adopt
- Fill Your Life With Happy Surprises
- The Nature of True Friendship
- The Quartet of Financial Independence
- The Complex History of Johnson & Johnson
- A Good Business versus a Great Business: A Look at Carnival and McCormick
- Revisiting the Two Levers Philosophy of Cash Flow Management
- Market Timing, Valuation, and Systematic Purchases
- Pay Attention to the Weightings of Your Individual Holdings When Constructing a Portfolio
- Reinvesting Dividends vs. Not Reinvesting Dividends: A 50-Year Case Study of Coca-Cola Stock
- A Look at Inflation-Adjusted S&P 500 Data for 1960 Through 2010 and Dividend Reinvestment vs. Non Dividend Reinvestment
- The S&P 500s Dirty Secret
- How to Make Money Online
- One of the Most Important Lessons About Life and Making Money You Can Ever Learn
- Stealth Wealth
- The Secret to Making Money: There Are Only Two Levers You Can Use
Let us know in the comments if you have any favorite articles or any insights to what you’ve learned from Josh!